Linda Eisenstein
A
I will never forget this quote & I wish I could recall who I'm quoting:

"Being able-bodied is temporary."

Please. Take this on board. You will deal with disability & the need for accommodation yourself or a loved one eventually.
Guaranteed.
Ellen Leigh @EllenLeigh3
I remember when it was, as a medical space planner I had to constantly explain exactly why my floorplans were designed to accommodate. "But I don't have any disabled patients." "Well, you might, so let's be prepared for that." Anyone can be suddenly disabled, and probably will at some point.
12:35 PM - Jul 20, 2023
12:41 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
I certainly never thought it would be me. I've never diminished anyone with a disability cuz that's shitty, but it happened, and it sucks. I have been harrassed and people love to ram my wheelchair with carts. Is this funny to people?

No sympathy needed. I don't take their shit.
04:13 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
Are you fucking kidding me? People can be trash. Ugh.
04:15 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I've been rammed too. I turn around and ram it back at them.
05:11 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Jacqueline
A
This. When we built our current home (5 years ago) we made it accessible because we wanted it to be our final home. Two years later my husband had his transplant and couldn’t manage stairs. Never thought we’d need that accessibility 2 years after moving in.
01:19 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Whoa!
A
I don't know about that quote, but there's a comedian with cerebral palsy (absolutely hilarious) who one said disabled is the only minority group you can join at anytime. 🤣

On a serious note: none of us know what's in store for the future and no one is guaranteed tomorrow or good health. Be kind.
01:19 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Deb
A
Kevin Kling? Or the Halifax art exhibit of disabled artists?

I have been temporarily physically disabled twice. And have some slight brain damage from a fall. The non-visible disability is harder for people to GROK.
01:16 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Mari Tini
A
I remember being really pissed at a man for side-eyeing a person in a wheelchair for going slow or something like that and said to him, "That could be you someday."
01:05 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
In response to Mari Tini.
When I hear people complaining behind me that I'm too slow I go slower.
05:09 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Love Miracles
B
Sobering thought.
12:54 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Fiona Mary
A
Truth!
12:45 PM - Jul 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}