Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
thread 1/4
It was bound to happen. I encountered my first Karen on Spoutible. I won't out her publicly - not my style. She posted an article from a source that has a clear bias against Democrats. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and suggested that she provide context when posting such headlines...
05:26 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
thread 2/4
... thinking maybe she didn't fully read the article. Her response was to call me a troll and said that if I didn't like the article then don't read it. taking zero responsibility for vetting the content that she shares. I thanked her for showing me who she is.
05:28 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
thread 3/4
Everyone is free to post what they like but the article gives the impression that the findings are nation wide when they were about GOP voters only.
05:30 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
thread 4/4
This is just a reminder to everyone to read and vet news sources before liking or echoing. disinformation runs rampant on social media. It's up to all of us on Spoutible to battle against it.
06:13 PM - Jul 20, 2023
kganje
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Consider just using her true first name. Those with the other name would appreciate it.
10:26 AM - Sep 24, 2023
Lucy
A
Info on the "watchdog" group cited in that right-wing trash article:

The Government Accountability Institute is a conservative think tank located in Tallahassee, Florida. GAI was founded in 2012 by Peter Schweizer and Steve Bannon with funding from Robert Mercer and family.
06:27 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Lucy.
Yep. All of the sources cited are beyond questionable!
06:30 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Clarke
A
There are all kinds out there
05:46 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Clarke.
Yep. Because of the content on her profile I assumed that the post was a result of not reading the article fully or vetting the source. I would not have followed her otherwise. However, her defensive response tells me all I need to know about who she really is.
05:48 PM - Jul 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}