B Knapp
A
My state actually defied 7* court orders and is now legislating radical policy with illegal maps.
Mike Vangelos @Avonmike
This happened in Ohio too. OH Supreme Court ordered GOP to redraw its gerrymandered map of districts and I think it was 3 times before the 2022 election that they submitted maps with virtually no changes. Court has no power to arrest them so they do flaunt the rule of law.
12:42 PM - Jul 21, 2023
12:24 AM - Jul 22, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to B Knapp.
The Court can always order that it will draw the map since they will not follow the court order. That takes it out of their hands all together. The Court should also hold them in contempt.
12:40 AM - Jul 22, 2023
B Knapp
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
The court did order the redraw, multiple times actually. The 4-3 conservative majority on the court refused to hold them in contempt because, if I remember correctly, the amendment didn't have a punishment attached or some BS like that.
12:45 AM - Jul 22, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to B Knapp.
It’s not as if a GOP presidency couldn’t put the final nails in the coffin, but democracy can continue to fall state by state as it has started to do already. It’s scary. The red states will continue to play dirty &dirtier, they have no bottom & every election is critical, state, local, everything
12:30 AM - Jul 22, 2023
B Knapp
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
David Pepper talks a lot about this.
12:35 AM - Jul 22, 2023
Tom Jolly
A
In response to B Knapp.
Law without consequences is just wishful thinking.
12:27 AM - Jul 22, 2023
B Knapp
A
In response to Tom Jolly.
Lots of laws (in the instance the second citizen driven Constitutional amendment regarding fair maps) don't have consequence written into them.

That's up for the judicial branch to decide.
12:30 AM - Jul 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}