Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/4
Barbie is a fun, silly, zany, movie that graciously takes from Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Wizard of Oz, & the old Artificial Intelligence movie.

Barbie stumbles into an existential self-actualization & internal struggle about who she is & what impact she has on women/girls.
07:14 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/4
Margo Robbie is very good and brings all the heart, confusion, and full range of Barbie outfits and lifestyle.

America Ferrera is a delight and brings heart, but also represents 30, 40, 50 year old women who used to love Barbie.

Ryan Gosling as Ken is mostly funny.
07:15 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/4
The in-jokes are for adults but the colors, dance numbers and songs, along with Barbie's initial innocence are Disney TV-esque and they work.

Barbie and Ken learning about "the real world" causes different problems that cause most of the tension. There are surprises in learning.
07:16 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/4
Issa Rae was underused but that was the only disappointment.

It was nice to see writer/director Greta Gerwig realize that Black and brown people exist. Like Barbie in the movie, hopefully she'll continue to grow.

Barbie is a very good summer movie I think kids 4+ will enjoy.
07:16 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
I wasn’t interested in seeing it before but with all the positive comments today, I’ll check it out when it’s streaming 😊
07:18 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Raquel
B
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
It's fun. Recommend. 😉😊
07:33 PM - Jul 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}