Laury Silvers
A
I'm a Muslim novelist of historical-mysteries set in medieval Muslim lands. I'm very good at whodunit melodramas with a heavy dose of history, but am moving on to more expected fare where history is in the background and a touch of noir. #WritingCommunity #WritersPod www.llsilvers.com
10:30 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Stephanie Englund
A
In response to Laury Silvers.
Just reading your description of the genre you write about intrigues me! I read Mistress of Spices decades ago and love it. Totally giving your book a read.
11:54 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
In response to Stephanie Englund.
Oh! Thank you! Just a warning, the books are far too historical for the genre where history is meant to be the texture not a main character story itself, but no anachronisms, real emotion and inner life, and hopefully you won't guess whodunit! (e-books are discounted on my website).
12:11 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Stephanie Englund
A
Thats what is most intriguing, learning throught historical settings. Thanks for detailing. One of my favs is the story of Atisa Dipamkara by James B. Apple.
In response to Laury Silvers.
12:35 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
FYI, Rat City is Noir, so while it is psychologically dense, people are stuck in their situations and make terrible choices. The Sufi Mysteries Quartet are more in keeping with the book you've shared here. https://en.qantara.de/content/laury-silvers-sufi-mysteries-quartet-sleuths-on-a-sufi-path
10:31 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
I don't know that, but the title tells me you are probably my ideal reader!
01:02 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}