Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 1/4
[tw IPV, domestic abuse]

When people think about abusive relationships, they most often think of physical abuse, but that’s not all there is. I was in an abusive relationship for years. It wasn’t physical abuse (until it was.) Most of the time it was emotional, psychological, & financial abuse.
09:23 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 2/4
[tw IPV, domestic violence]

He belittled, berated, & blamed me until my self-esteem was nonexistent. I was isolated from family & friends, until only his were left. Then he bad mouthed me to them too, so I’d have no one. He made sure I was financially dependent on him, then berated me for it.
09:25 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 3/4

It was years, & a bit of physical abuse, before I finally got out. Verbal, emotional, psychological, financial, & digital abuse are all common types of on non-physical abuse. If you’re in an abusive relationship, physical or otherwise, know that you are not alone.
09:26 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 4/4

You don’t deserve what is happening to you, no matter what your abuser tells you. Below is a link where you can seek help, or even just learn more about relationship abuse & how to recognize it. Please seek help if you can 🙏 #domesticviolence
09:28 PM - Jul 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}