Steven Beschloss
A
There once was a Twitter that became a public square where people connected, communicated, relied on for breaking news and critical updates, made new friends, built community.

Then came a billionaire bent on change for reasons that remain dark and unclear.

Now that Twitter is X’ed out.
06:03 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Deborah Budd
A
In response to Steven Beschloss.
The sad thing is that the destruction of Twitter comes down to a spoiled rotten billionaire holding a grudge against an ex-colleague (Peter Thiel) for refusing to let said billionaire create X years ago by trashing what became Paypal. Billionaire obsessions are why we can't have nice things.
09:31 PM - Jul 26, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Thank you for joining us here. Bring some friends over!
01:10 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Jill Taylor
A
Thanks for the concise summary, I was just trying to explain this to my non Social media spouse what Twitter was and why powers that be wanted it to go away.
12:22 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Eugene Quinn
A
I once used the 1% of traffic feed to give my students a sense of how diverse the world is (latin alphabet tweets were definitely in the minority). Twitter was different then and it's sad that that is gone.
08:09 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Tammy Kozior
A
Do you know why clear thinking people are still there? I know some were going to fight to the bitter end and try to save it. Do those folks still think that it can be saved?
06:51 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
In response to Tammy Kozior.
It’s a marketplace. People built businesses there like others have on IG + YouTube. It can take years to even partially rebuild on another platform. Many will continue to use it until they can’t.

I study the rise and fall of singularities so I’ll probably maintain a presence until the bitter end.
07:28 AM - Jul 25, 2023 (Edited)
Annette Licitra
A
In response to Tammy Kozior.
The words “bitter end” also were used in my workplace. I think there’s a sense of transition, and also a lingering sense of carrying light into the darkness.
10:22 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
06:43 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Carlos Morais
B
His assigned mission was to destroy exactly the functionalities you described. He's focused exclusively on the 2024 elections.
06:30 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
We should all encourage our friends, colleagues, and the media personalities they follow to give up #Twitter permanently. Whatever it was is over and a mangled mess is in it's place. Any time spent on Twitter, supports this Musk misadventure. #byetwitter
06:23 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Carol McDonald
A
I still think there's a bigger play here.

Then, on the other hand, we all still call meta facebook, so.... 🤷
06:18 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Carlos Morais
B
In response to Carol McDonald.
The plan is to make the fascists win the 2024 elections by any means necessary.
06:32 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Ralph Loeffler
A
Welcome to Spoutible - your content have been so valuable and I am so happy to see you here.
06:17 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Brian Brown-Cashdollar
A
As for his reasons… I’ll take arrogance for five hundred, Alex
06:14 AM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}