THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 1/2
When he started blaming white male loneliness for mass/school shootings, I was done. He’s furthering the BS argument that we owe white men our attention and time or they’ll get violent. That’s abusive. And bordering on victim blaming. It’s gross. And I am disappointed in his take.
10:20 AM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 2/2
Yes, people in CT should still vote for him. Harm reduction. But we still need to hold members of our party accountable when they have shit ideas or shit takes. This is a shit take.
10:21 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Tonya Alston
A
In response to THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie.
This!
10:22 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Jettyon Pyatt
A
It's more about the rampant ignorance that goes unchecked by these lonely rich wyt men that run media outlets.
02:30 PM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Jettyon Pyatt.
Unchecked white supremacy
02:33 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Charlie Delgado
A
Yes, loneliness is a problem we need to talk about, but Murphy’s take on this is just off.
01:12 PM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Charlie Delgado.
Loneliness is a problem that millions of other people from different demographics suffer. We don't use it as an excuse to be violent.
01:14 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Pali Kaur
A
Thr crackers who stormed the capitol were racists. Point blank.
12:53 PM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Pali Kaur.
Period.
12:56 PM - Jul 25, 2023
StDunstan
A
One of the more neglected subjects in our country is parenting, child nutrition and early socialization.
12:42 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
Has he weighed in on the epidemic of loneliness and constant weight of systemic racism on those who don't decide the antidote is to violently overthrow the government?
11:36 AM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Kevin E. McCarthy.
Of course he hasn’t! It doesn’t fit the narrative of the poor, lonely, sad white man.
11:38 AM - Jul 25, 2023 (Edited)
Michael Arufe
A
I regret to inform my liberal friends that the people who committed the 1/6 insurrection were not “isolated loners.” They are thriving and active members of their communities, with friends and social lives. It’s just that, when they chat with those friends, they plan assaults on democracy.
11:10 AM - Jul 25, 2023 (Edited)
William Turner
A
In response to Michael Arufe.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
12:24 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Rivegauche LeftBank
A
In response to Michael Arufe.
…and where they all truly belong is best exemplified by the model found in Oświęcim, Poland.
08:14 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Donna
A
What the heck is he talking about?! Jan 6th criminals were willing to kill and overthrow the government! They weren't "lonely"! OMG!
10:45 AM - Jul 25, 2023
George Bishop
A
Have anything to refute what he said? Most mass shootings are carried out by white male loaner/outcasts. They get radicalized when they find online groups that take them in, even if those groups are just hate filled other outcasts.
10:34 AM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to George Bishop.
Work on your reading comprehension. My point was right there in the spout. Clear as day.
10:37 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to George Bishop.
Exactly. And this is what he was talking about. I heard the conversation. He most definitely was not an apologist for white supremacists or terrorists.
11:33 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
Being a member of a neo Nazi militia campaign makes one less desirable as a person and certainly isn't date material. If they are "lonely" well that's their own damned fault.

It was a violent attack on this country! There is no excuse for that! Full stop.
10:30 AM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
Exactly this. "I'm going to turn into a domestic terrorist and murder people because you won't go on a date with me or pay attention to me!" It's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard. "If you paid more attention to me, I wouldn't have to hurt you." - Every abuser ever.
10:38 AM - Jul 25, 2023
StDunstan
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
Voting and participating in local government are how we guide our country into a future that benefits the most people. Violence is never a solution.
12:46 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Auntie van Grumpy
A
He has turned into a big disappointment.
10:21 AM - Jul 25, 2023
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
In response to Auntie van Grumpy.
He really has. And he's still better than the alternative. I'll take Murphy over any GOP candidate any day. But this is just a stupid, STUPID take.
10:22 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Auntie van Grumpy.
Not to me. He was talking about some of the root causes of violence. Social isolation is a big one.
11:35 AM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}