Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I hate the crushing reality of it hitting me why we dont have an easy access database of black owned businesses. I wish it was as simple as just sharing info, but for all the good it could bring, the harm it could encourage outweighs the usefulness of data collecting. Our society needs to be better.
11:34 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Susan Shirley
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
I found that Yelp has a filter for black-owned businesses. It seems like the best way in the Denver metro area to find them. A lot changed since Covid began, but Yelp is pretty current. You even get a map, to see where in the area the business is located. I get your point tho, should be much easier.
11:43 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
I'd love to see more businesses register with Virginia's Black Business Directory.
https://www.vablackbusines...
08:59 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Ron
A
I recall learning about a directory that was produce many many years ago for black-owned businesses. Maybe in the 20’s? 30’s? I stumbled across it when I was reading about a diaspora from the South to parts north. I’ll see if I can find that book.
01:13 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Susan Shirley
A
Since my kids were young I’ve supported almost exclusively women professionals, I feel like my city is big enough I could now switch over to almost exclusively Black shops and professionals. I never once regretted supporting women & I’m eager to dive into this.
11:45 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Unapologetically Beth
A
I search for black owned in Google, but businesses have to register for it.

It certainly should be easier!
11:39 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
In response to Unapologetically Beth.
I think a lot of us are leery of being listed anywhere because of the potential risks to ourselves. Its hard to navigate the past trauma and constant danger of bigots. Its a tight field to navigate.
11:40 AM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}