Wojciech Kałuża
A
thread 1/2
"If you block someone when X, then you're not really here to have a debate..." - egads, no, some people aren't here to have a debate and that's fine. The logic bros never seem to get that. Consent applies to all interactions.
11:47 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
thread 2/2
"So you want to live in an echo chamber, never have your ideas challenged and stifle innovation?" - you don't innovate, you keep rehashing the same debunked nonsense under new labels to dehumanise minorities. Take your gender critical Christian race science traditional values and fuck off.
11:52 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
In response to Wojciech Kałuża.
YES!!! I chose whether I want to debate you or not. It’s not a requirement.
12:39 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
Image: sea lion on its personal ice floe, guess he has to debate himself. From 2019 visit to Glacier Bay NP, Alaska.
12:01 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
It's worse than that. Sea lions are harmful, but mostly they just waste time. The debate nutters are more insidious, as they use the aesthetics of rational debate in bad faith to give ideas like racism and fascism an air of respectability. It's ideology laundering.
12:05 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
If I want debate, I’ll stay on Xcrement, thanks.
11:53 AM - Jul 25, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Haruka (RELOCATED).
I wouldn't go that far - disagreement in good faith is fine and healthy. But debate bros aren't looking for a conversation - the point of their faux-rational "marketplace of ideas" is laundering bigotry and conspiracy theories. I added a post to the thread to clarify.
12:00 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Greg Westbay
B
Good post. I will generally listen to anyone that wants to engage, but the bad faith actors usually show their true colors in the initial reply or soon after.
11:49 AM - Jul 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}