Ursadelic
A
thread 1/4
I stopped using social media around the time Facebook bought Instagram. In addition to ha I gym eyes opened to who people in my life really were, the errosion of boundaries, and gay people being suspended from Instagram for mild pictures from events like Folsom Street Fair while straights were
01:02 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Ursadelic
A
thread 2/4
welcome to post far more risque stuff with impunity, I was done.

Now I'm on 5 sites and I hardly recognize myself. Where that paranoid xennial that said never again?

I miss my eclectic Twitter community. Definitely don't blame some for leaving but I'm sad to see the one thing that got me through
01:06 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Ursadelic
A
thread 3/4
through the pandemic be destroyed. In a time where there was no information on iphone to keep newborns safe, Twitter had strategies and answers I learned so much from people there, especially Black Twitter and Black Nurse Twitter.

So yeah, 5 sm sites and I'm trying to
01:12 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Ursadelic
A
thread 4/4
figure out how to shrink my social media presence which is somewhat anonymish but not if someone decides to look hard enough.
Because I am that paranoid xennial that likes to hold on to just a shred of privacy especially where my little 🐻s are concerned.
01:16 AM - Jul 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}