Rebekah Jones
A
I want my daughter to read the works of Malcolm X, learn about Roberto Clemente, and know the real history of this country, ugly parts and all.

I want my children to grow up and go to schools in a state that respects history and intellectualism.

Florida is not that place.
04:26 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
In response to Rebekah Jones.
Yeah, Thanks to Transphobic Dope Ron deSantis and his Qpublicans in the state legislature.
03:04 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Gigi Gisele
A
My family has been in Florida since the late 1890's. It's the outsiders and the Rednecks that have turned it on her head. Florida has changed due to Conservative people flooding the region from all over the nation. Lastly Cuban people, Puerto Ricans and ETC are bringing that toxic rhetoric there.🤔
10:51 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Deb Robinson
B
If I had school age children and could move I would. I feel your pain.
08:39 AM - Sep 05, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
I'm so glad I no longer have kids in school in FL. My daughter graduated high school in 2009. What DeSantis is doing to education in FL is barbaric, cruel, and horrifying.
07:17 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Trakena Shaw
A
Yes to all of this!!! As a mom, and knowing that our schools in general don’t teach a wide variety of history, the hubby and I plan on supplementing a lot at home.
09:34 PM - Feb 22, 2023
M J
B
I'm thankful as a Social Studies Teacher, that I work in a state that let's me teach American History not some whitewashed version in the #MAGAt Confederacy.
06:27 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Leslie K
A
I'm so glad my kids are grown & I didn't move here until they were!
03:59 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Chrissy
A
I think I have about one year left here. Due to graduate from the Fl flagship with what I'm afraid will be seen as a worthless diploma thanks to what DeSantis is doing.

Where should I move my family??
12:55 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Jenny Wren (She/Her)
A
Fellow white folks are so afraid children are going to hear about the horrible things people in our race have a history of doing to people of color and immigrants. History isn't pretty, but you have to learn it so that it won't be repeated.
11:37 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Penny
A
In response to Jenny Wren (She/Her).
White people should be damned glad that the only thing POC want is equality and not retribution, but they are terrified they will be treated in kind.
11:42 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
Once you have been through the worst, like we have in Germany, the perspective changes. Third Reich history is mandatory in the curriculum, school classes visit Holocaust memorials, and far-right parties are watched by the German domestic intelligence services...
11:41 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Nasty Woman
B
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
Germany has really shown the way, I think all allies of WWII should follow their lead in dealing with fascism
03:50 PM - Feb 22, 2023
From NY to GA
A
I’m in Georgia, (north metro Atlanta suburb) and there’s a home for sale in my ‘hood and I’d love to be your neighbor!
09:39 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
Explain to me why other parents can restrict what my child can be taught in school about this country’s history?
05:42 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Al Gray
A
If you cut out the ugly parts of history then it is just fan fiction.
05:27 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Rick S
A
Historian Timothy Snyder calls what history is permissible “memory culture”. It happens many places I guess. He says in France they can’t discuss French collaboration with the Nazis in WWII
05:07 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Rick S
A
In response to Rick S.
Dr Snyder is at the T place. TimothyDSnyder.

Also here: https://snyder.substack.co...

Very very talented guy. He was maybe the first person to write a major op-ed about Trump because he’s an Ukraine expert and knew about Manafort et al.
07:10 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}