indie perfume lover
A
thread 1/5
So all 3 broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) morning shows started off with Hunter Biden as their first major news story. F'g furious and from this point forward, incl'g local news (they showed their entire gop *sses yesterday re this story), I'm not watching any news shows, even for the weather,
09:20 AM - Jul 27, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
thread 2/5
which is pretty much all I do now--that and, when I can stomach it, listen at the beginning for any major news. But I'm now completely f'g done. From now on it's only: Philly Inquirer and a local 24/7 weather ch for local news and weather, NPR for nat'l news, and France24 for int'l news.
09:21 AM - Jul 27, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
thread 3/5
They seem to be the least prob for me. Question for Philly folks: There's a local Black-owned news outlet I became aware of recently but can't find my bookmark and my old lady brain can't remember the name--can someone help me out, please?
indie perfume lover
A
thread 4/5
Msm is never going to change if we keep watching them and hence cont lining their conservative rich wm owners' pockets. Please stop watching them. And that includes hate watching....
indie perfume lover
A
thread 5/5
Never mind, found it. It's The Philadelphia Tribune.

https://www.phillytrib.com/
09:28 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
I only turn on the local news for the weather and sports. Otherwise, my main news source now is @MeidasTouch rather than MSNBC.
10:16 AM - Jul 27, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
I was only looking for weather mainly, but I decided even that was giving them ratings and therefore $. So I'm totally done. I found MT a prob on several occasions back on the dead bird that they doubled down on. So, I'm still sticking w/ reg'd outlets as my top sources, for now....
10:40 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
I stopped watching the morning news programs over a year ago. They have been a disappointment, to say the least.
09:32 AM - Jul 27, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Oh me too, they're trash. I don't always change the ch right away after my local news if I'm in the middle of something, like this a.m. So I heard ABC start GMA with that bs and quick grabbed the remote and checked the other two stations....
09:36 AM - Jul 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}