ValenStar
A
I've been working on learning #freemotionquilting this week. So far, I've learned to slow my hands down and that I can't stay on the lines if my life depended on it. That will be stage two. LOL.
05:54 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
In response to ValenStar.
You are doing so well! I just completed a quilt that had free motion in it. I'd show you but haven't yet figured out how to upload a pic.

A quilter friend of mine said "It takes 1,000 hours of quilting to "teach" a machine to do freehand quilting." With practice you will be a master!
06:06 PM - Feb 16, 2023
ValenStar
A
In response to Sara Chirico.
So only 997 hours to go? 😃 I did find a course that teaches ruler work but first I need a ruler foot (of which there are 85,000 on Amazon it seems like. Nowhere local to just go in and ask anymore.)

I want to see when you upload pics! I had hiccups uploading the first few times.
01:46 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
I tried to send this earlier but it didn’t show up on the thread so not sure if you saw it. I quilted freehand leaves in the open spaces. Each is a bit different but gets the job done. Overall quilt pattern is Sessoms by Carolyn Friedlander. #freehandquilting #Quilting #QuiltBackArt
05:38 PM - Feb 17, 2023
ValenStar
A
That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I love the quilted leaves.
06:56 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
Thanks so much!

Now I'm faced with all of the scraps that are left over.

What do you do with all of your leftover scraps after finishing a quilt? Sew them right away into segments that could be used in future quilts?

Or just add them to the pile of "good intentions" for future use? #Qui
10:38 AM - Feb 18, 2023
ValenStar
A
They live in a in a little fabric bin on my shelf. Haven't done anything with them yet. I've got a bunch of minky scraps in there too from making plushies for Christmas gifts.
07:22 PM - Feb 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}