Diane Turner
A
I am weary and wary of “dilettantes” and their pretentious “sobriquets”…. yeah… that is fun to say.
Read aBannedBook @RetiredLibrarian
Do you have a favorite word that you just like the sound of? Mine is facetious, with kerfuffle in second place.
10:38 PM - Jul 26, 2023
08:32 AM - Jul 27, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Oh no @Hereforthepopcorn -- I'm a dilettante.
06:24 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Minnie the Pooh.
Just by saying it out loud you are no dilettante as the whole act of being one means you can’t recognize or admit that you are, You are just plain old fashioned shallow verses phony. And you are beloved.
10:46 PM - Jul 27, 2023
Minnie the Pooh
A
That’s right. I’m shallow, like @JessMartin who I believe is also a dilettante but denies she is shallow so she must be a phony. You are so wise @Hereforthepopcorn
01:21 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Oh @minnie bear. You know I don’t really think you are shallow…. I see brilliance. I just think you play shallow on TV to hilarity.. INFJs build a bubble of protection around their very deep heats and minds. It takes years of trust building to excavate to the core. @Anndraulans @JessMartin - 1/2…👇
03:37 AM - Jul 28, 2023 (Edited)
Diane Turner
A
I think @AnnDraulans will intuit what I am saying. But @JessMartin - dilettante? Or uncurated over sharer labrador retriever? No doubt she wants us to know she is smart. She is. Her brain is filled w minutiae bursting to get out. She needs an editor who can wrangle her in. But @minnie 1 more: 2/3👇
03:55 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Jess Martin
A
The term is #flaneuse and I've already discussed this with @noblerot .

We flaneur on here!
02:36 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Jess Martin.
Hey @JessMartin … just followed @NobleRot#Flaneur is new to me! Must study up. @minnie will refuse to be contrary.
03:47 AM - Jul 28, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
In response to Jess Martin.
Apologies for jumping in late, but I've been out camping the past four days--which come to think of it is decidedly un-flâneur-like.

In any case, this thread reminded me that I recently had a #PinotNoir from a winery in the same area of the #WillametteValley as your Owen Roe. #WineClub
09:41 PM - Jul 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}