Lil
A
I'd rather have term limits + Congressional pension reform

Term limits for Senators: 3 non-consecutive terms max.
For Representatives: allowed 2 consecutive terms, but not a 3rd; 7 terms max.

Pension based on the fed minimum wage when they leave office, not their actual salary

Make em touch grass
Carol Chapman @Busywriting
I was thinking about age limits for politicians today. I started to think - “Ok, maybe if you will turn 80 before the election, that’s the limit.” Then I realized Nancy Pelosi is 83. Would that be fair to her? Or her voters? There must be a better way. #mitchmcconnell
01:23 PM - Jul 28, 2023
07:00 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Douglas Kelso
A
In response to Lil.
I hate the idea of legislative term limits. It means all the institutional memory is held by the lobbyists who will de facto run the place, and that all Congressmen and Senators are incentivized to go to bat for whoever can offer them the best job when they're termed out.
01:26 AM - Jul 29, 2023
Lil
A
In response to Douglas Kelso.
I agree that's a problem. 300 character limit or I'd have also said it only works in conjunction w/ comprehensive lobbying reform.
The fact is, outsiders write much of our legislation anyway. The rest is written by staff, who tend to be former campaign aides.
I think "go touch grass" has real value
01:35 AM - Jul 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Lil.
I'm down with this. I've always been in favor of term limits, that's how we get the power hungry out of office. I do not disagree with age limits but term limits aren't ageist and generally solve the same problem.
08:05 PM - Jul 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}