Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/4
I know there have been complaints since Spoutible's inception, about how there seems to be "too much" political content. I was thinking about this sitting on the beach, realizing just how much the world has changed since I was a kid. Half the problems we have now were things I never anticipated.
06:42 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/4
The idea that right now, the atmosphere and the ocean are absorbing more heat, that is driving worse droughts, worse storms, more damaging tornadoes and hurricanes, is not something I would have contemplated. It seem otherworldly to think this is all happening NOW and we've little impetus to fix it.
06:44 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/4
If there seems to be a lot of political content, it's because right now we are on the brink of plunging headlong into being the instruments of our destruction, and many of us DON'T LIKE THAT IDEA. The number of people who seem resigned or ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE STATUS QUO is infuriating.
06:45 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 4/4
To suffer in silence is no option. To hope you can convince others to see their folly is foolhardy. We're all so locked into our own particular view of the universe, that many of simply WILL watch the world burn, even as the rest of us try to stop it. I don't know. It's just food for thought.
06:47 AM - Jul 31, 2023
SusiAnsujali
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
There is no such thing as “too much political content” - only a timeline people have no tools to manage with regards to content, f.e. via lists etc, therefore being at the mercy of an unfiltered barrage of chronological spouts by their follows.
11:55 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Kirsti Drewsen
A
This came to you, sitting on the beach?
I hope you spout again next time you go to the beach. :)
Following you now.
07:53 AM - Jul 31, 2023
MuzykConnexUs
A
Your privilege speaks loudly.
07:51 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Phred
A
In response to MuzykConnexUs.
Hank, that’s an odd thing to say as a response to this thread. Please can you clarify?
09:00 AM - Jul 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}