Professor Kyle
A
All the white people who grew up in R households &, realizing how morally bankrupt the GOP is, renounced the party – good job! Really, that's huge. However, you're not done. You also need to stop voting 3rd party & trashing Dems; doing so only helps your former party's mission of bigotry & hate.
10:20 AM - Jul 31, 2023
k Broquard
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Well, that is a hard truth. Might need to let that idea roll around in the brain for a bit.
10:32 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to k Broquard.
It's easy for me to say because I grew up in a strong Dem household. But I've seen it a ton online and IRL – well-meaning people who can't overcome their conditioning to hate Dems, which makes it harder for the things they care about to happen.
10:35 AM - Jul 31, 2023
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I also maintain this: I don't deny that a Third Party can be done. Build from the bottom, though. Trying to do third party from the top down bears irrevocable harm in the current environment, and building from the bottom up brings lasting structure, in my view.
10:30 AM - Jul 31, 2023 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
Absolutely. I think ranked choice voting would help this – it would initially help Dems, which is fantastic, but eventually as 3rd parties build it could lead to them winning and being productive.
10:33 AM - Jul 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}