Christopher Bouzy
A
Exactly. It's hard enough getting a social media platform approved without adult content. Moreover, moderating adult content is extremely challenging, and advertisers will also express concerns. There are other platforms best suited for adult content, Spoutible isn't one of them.
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his) @RobPalmerIRL
Yeah and those sites, by the rules of Google, Microsoft, and Apple are disallowed.
08:09 AM - Feb 19, 2023
08:19 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Silke Spoutista
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Anyone who Wants to see Adult content.. it’s out there. 👉🏼
This IS the internet.. it’s everywhere!
We don’t need that floating around here like a Baby Ruth bar in a pool.
01:32 PM - Feb 19, 2023
NancyM
A
While adult content doesn't offend my sensibilities, I completely understand why there are good business reasons for not allowing it on spoutible. Thank you for explaining the difficulties it would cause in getting spoutible in app stores, and monitoring requirements.
12:46 PM - Feb 19, 2023
C. E.
A
Please do not apologize for this decision!

I have never considered myself a prude, but but puleez to more of the "but my rights to inflict myself upon you" people!
12:33 PM - Feb 19, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Also there is precedent to the ban. Facebook/Instagram never allowed adult content in the first place either so...and Tumblr got rid of it so their apps can remain in the app stores.
10:40 AM - Feb 19, 2023
RCMurphy
A
So glad to know tech as an entire industry is so fragile that it cannot manage to handle this topic without relying on Christian-run businesses to force them into what they want.
09:57 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Roni Red
A
Thank you. It’s nice to open this site anywhere with anyone around, and know the content won’t be nasty X rated sleaze.
09:03 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Ima Cygnenoir
A
please no...
spouting not sexting
08:55 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Peter
A
I appreciate Spoutible's stance. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of places to find whatever content you want on the Internet. All of it doesn't need to be mirrored here. Sites like Spoutible can make and enforce their own editorial policies, find their voices, and I can chose where I want to be.
08:45 AM - Feb 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (Pecriel) can see their posts

Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:42 AM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}