Anton Brakhage
A
thread 1/3
Something people need to understand about the money and supplies that we're giving to Ukraine.

They aren't charity.
02:33 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 2/3
Ukraine deserves our support even if we stood to gain nothing by it, but that support is not only ensuring the survival of Ukraine. It is stopping Putin-and every other tyrant who would take his success as precedent-here, instead of when they invade somewhere we'd be obliged to defend directly.
02:37 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 3/3
I don't delude myself that Ukraine is fighting on our behalf. Ukraine is fighting for its own survival. But in the course of doing so, they are shielding the whole world.

So I do not want to hear one more Goddamn bit of whining that its too expensive, or taking too long. ITS NOT US PAYING THE PRICE
02:38 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Lorraine Martin
D
The UK is going to hell and a hand basket,we have service ppl living on the streets,my heart goes out to the ppl of Ukraine 🇺🇦 but charity begins at home first and foremost we have doctors and nurses using food banks because of low pay,we have children going to school hungry,we have rising heating b
In response to Anton Brakhage.
05:33 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Lorraine Martin.
I get that.

But I would instead ask "Why aren't the rich paying their share?" Rather than repeating the narrative that it's a choice between you or the foreigners, which is what many of the wealthy want so they can keep robbing us blind.

#DivideAndConquer
#EatTheRich
05:44 AM - Aug 01, 2023
Lorraine Martin
D
In response to Anton Brakhage.
My thoughts exactly,if I had the resources I would give to every possible charity I could but sadly I don’t,so I give what I can,but it seems the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer,we need the equivalent of a modern day Robin Hood 🤷‍♀️
06:02 AM - Aug 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}