Steven Beschloss
A
“The wound can never be fully fixed. All that can be counted on is thoughtful people acting diligently to repair what’s broken…May the latest indictment move the country a little bit further on the path toward repair.” https://america.substack.c...
06:33 AM - Aug 02, 2023
That's HEDLEY!
A
In response to Steven Beschloss.
We will forever be the country that elected that criminal maniac president.
10:35 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Miss Ann
A
I agree. Years later, and it still hurts.
07:54 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
A majority of Americans are tired. Tired of the fight for our democracy 24/7. Our courts and ballot boxes are the last 2 tools we have left to fight with our weariness. I have no doubt that if we lose these last tools, the only tool left is a war. A tired people can only withstand so much.
07:15 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
There's a saying in America's Black community that US law was never meant to help Black America, but to advance White America. Our country has spent 8 years fighting to make this saying untrue. Trump** used the presidency as if he also believes this saying to be true.
07:11 AM - Aug 02, 2023
frog_enabler
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
The idea of "universal" was always culturally specific. De Tocqueville (1805-1859) describes how if the laws didn't do what the white mob wanted, then they would be ignored. My hope is in the people, the majority, who have more power than they know. Laws become what we do with them.
12:28 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
TY for this spout. I believe the American people were on their way to significant healing when we began out true embrace of diversity, equity, and inclusion in society. The country's race problem directly fed into Trump efforts to destroy our nation. There're dark powers of wealth blocking 340M ppl.
07:06 AM - Aug 02, 2023 (Edited)
Apollo11
A
I fear it has taken too long for justice to be meted out.
07:01 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Apollo11
A
It takes way to long for our system to work. The perpetrators of this crime have used the more than 2.5 years that have elapsed to ingrain their supportive (false) narrative, and develop new ones to keep his base from defecting in spite of the mountain of evidence against Trump.
06:57 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Ground Control
A
As I heard it put in the Ten of Swords entry for Tarot Of The Spirit World: "A broken wall can be repaired. A broken heart never becomes what it once was."
06:42 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Marilyn just me
A
Signing of the declaration of independence today, a good thing to remember & really start to live it. We the people rule
06:37 AM - Aug 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}