Tina Marie Hilton
A
Just watched a video explaining that the reason the U.S. hasn't implemented universal healthcare is racism. While I wasn't aware of this, I also wasn't surprised. YT folk buy into us vs them rhetoric, they fear POC threaten them when the truth is racism harms them too.
Was Universal Healthcare Stopped by Racism? - YouTube

Did Universal Healthcare end because of racism? Thom Hartmann exposes how Universal Healthcare was stopped at every corner by racist policies that didn't wan...

11:59 AM - Aug 02, 2023
Martini C
A
In response to Tina Marie Hilton.
Some people can't function without harm being an integral part of their lives.
02:29 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Raine Hyatt
A
There is universal healthcare in the US, but no one wants to talk about it.
Native Americans have a universal healthcare system for certified members of different Indian Nations. Complete w/ network of doctors, clinics and multiple hospitals.
My wife is a member saving us thousands in bills yearly
12:20 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Tina Marie Hilton
A
In response to Raine Hyatt.
I’d be interested in hearing from more Native Americans about their access to this, however as a country it’s not universal healthcare unless everyone is covered.
12:23 PM - Aug 02, 2023
hal
A
All my life I heard my parents and other adults complain about any benefits provided to "lazy people who don't want to work" and it was never the least bit ambiguous who they were referring to.
12:06 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Tina Marie Hilton
A
In response to hal.
My grandparents were probably what was considered poor white trash, and I recall them using the same phrases however being a kid in Maine during the 70’s there was practically no diversity so I never connected it until I became an adult.
12:26 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Donna Aldridge
A
This country will never progress as long as white supremacy is consistent.
12:05 PM - Aug 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}