Christopher Bouzy
A
Exactly. It's hard enough getting a social media platform approved without adult content. Moreover, moderating adult content is extremely challenging, and advertisers will also express concerns. There are other platforms best suited for adult content, Spoutible isn't one of them.
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his) @RobPalmerIRL
Yeah and those sites, by the rules of Google, Microsoft, and Apple are disallowed.
08:09 AM - Feb 19, 2023
08:19 AM - Feb 19, 2023
Peter
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I appreciate Spoutible's stance. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of places to find whatever content you want on the Internet. All of it doesn't need to be mirrored here. Sites like Spoutible can make and enforce their own editorial policies, find their voices, and I can chose where I want to be.
08:45 AM - Feb 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Jason C Daniels
A
In response to That's all folks.
And make sure that they're of age in their own jurisdiction... And block adult content specifically for other specific jurisdictions (non-US). . . Moderating so as not to come under fire locally is tough enough, it's even harder internationally.
11:05 AM - Feb 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Jason C Daniels
A
I don't want my concerns to be a signal that I'm anti-sex work. I'm not. I do have concerns about current capacity of the current staff were they to try to be more lenient. It's a tough balancing act. I think, in the long run openness should win out, tho.
In response to That's all folks.
01:48 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}