Avicus Crowley
A
Being trans in Texas, my life right now is assembling a depressingly small list of safe states to flee to, while also aware I have absolutely none of the finances to do so.
05:03 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
In response to Avicus Crowley.
My heart breaks for you. You deserve so much better!
05:05 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
In response to Chris Young (he/his/him).
What is more frustrating is that I fled Ohio for Texas. Ohio I got attacked regularly just by existing by standard people, and TX had a support network waiting for me. General TX citizens have been absolutely no problem in my life like in Ohio, and this uncertainty with TX is honestly new and recent
05:08 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
I'm glad that you've had a personal support network, anyway. Michigan is a safe state. With Dems in control, we're writing protections for the LGBTQ community into law!
05:12 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
Michigan is in my 'wary' list. While they aren't doing anything awful legislatively, they're also not proceeding with any legal protections. The state TX was in when we moved down here. I'm in my late 30s, trying to stay house after being a homeless youth, and disabled. I don't have many more risky
05:16 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
moves left.
05:16 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
But Michigan is! As of this year there are Dem majority in both houses of legislature and the governor's office. They are working on legislation right now to ensure protections in our laws! And it won't be long before it's a done deal!
05:20 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
I will definitely keep my eyes on it in the future, then!
05:31 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}