Christopher Bouzy
A
It's shocking to see the number of tech journalists who know little about how social media works, despite spending considerable time on social media. Threads isn't about to eat Twitter's lunch, nor will it become the go-to place for things trending.

https://mashable.com/artic...
07:16 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Drea
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I've already deleted my Threads account. Where you require a blue check for long form on X, Threads gives everyone enough characters for long form toxicity. I was blocking there almost from the start. And had many other reasons not to use. Accessiblity being another one.
11:43 AM - Jan 08, 2024
Joe Minenna
A
Zuck is just as evil as Musk; he just has the sense to keep a lower profile. Why anyone would want to go from one wannabe oligarch to another one is beyond me.
07:32 PM - Nov 29, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
I'm expecting TikTok to "take over" given how easy it is to embed in articles on current events and other digital documents.

I don't plan to get an account on TikTok. Still I use TikTok posts on Miro to flesh out examples from market research because embedding its links works so well.
10:39 AM - Aug 06, 2023 (Edited)
Diana
A
Sounds like their main source for this “article” is a Meta press release.
09:33 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
In response to Diana.
I came here to say that it smacks of paid-publicity.
05:59 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Whoa!
A
We have no desire to join Muck or Melon on their crappy sites. We got the goods here. Thanks for all you do @cbouzy .
09:25 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:09 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Heather Kreeger
B
By the end of 2023 Threads will have taken over ??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 SMFH
09:00 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Kate ChinaKatWrites
A
If anything, Spoutible is the most likely replacement.
07:53 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Dianne Davis
A
Threads sucked. I tried it for a day.
Ugh.
07:47 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
So far, I’m seeing plenty of useful and timely information on Spoutible. Moreover, I can read the comments and reactions to a post here without, you know, retching, which is not the case with TwiXter. I haven’t joined Zucker-twitter. I like the people here and it’s my home now.
07:32 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Phil Hegedusich
A
In response to Jerry Wechsler.
Threads goes up your colon with their data collection practices, so I’m not going there.
07:54 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Maggie Burgess
A
In response to Jerry Wechsler.
I have no plans to join the Zuckerberg thing. We need some big accounts to give Spoutible a try. I really like our Spoutible community here
08:05 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Iz Here
A
Absolutely correct & another example of how journalism is too often replaced by sensationalism - the product publishers are most eager to serve up. "I don't care if it's accurate; it doesn't even need to be true. Just give stuff that will get tongues wagging, fingers clicking, & people repeating!"
07:26 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Cheryl
A
It sounds like they just took Instagram and deprioritized the photo or video. No threat to Spoutible.
07:26 AM - Aug 05, 2023
Michael Arndt
A
I absolutely hated Threads. I’m a visual person and its dry as toast.
07:20 AM - Aug 05, 2023
drumsorbit
A
In response to Michael Arndt.
(never tried threads, sounded awful and linked to insta)
07:49 AM - Aug 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}