Christopher Bouzy
A
During @KimberleyJohnson 's podcast, I said I think Trump will be convicted, but will not go to prison. However, if he keeps up with these threats, the judge in DC will detain him. He is entering the find out stage.
05:44 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Violetta
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
If #tRump is detained pre-trial, it will likely only be home detention ... and that will immediately be appealed. He will keep pushing, daring this judge to act, and hoping that she will do something to him because it will be a #goldmine #fundraiser for him ... and we know this 🤡 needs 💰.
11:49 PM - Nov 08, 2023
JayGo VOTE BLUE
A
Yep. Never thought I would utter these words his way, but keep talking asshole.
02:59 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Devo & Ju
A
The problem America will face if he's not convicted is the will to convict someone who attempts similar, or worse things in the future- but does them in a more intelligent, less 'gives themselves away every step' way.
11:31 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Mike Mike
A
Hopefully you are proven wrong this week.
11:22 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Kimberley Johnson
A
Yeah, he keeps pushing it and this judge doesn't play. Neither does Jack.
10:05 AM - Aug 06, 2023 (Edited)
That's HEDLEY!
A
In response to Kimberley Johnson.
This is what I was about to say. They all know who he is and what to expect, and they're having none of it. People have questioned the logistics of jailing him, but that's not the judge's problem. I hope she's willing to back her warnings up.
10:23 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Mary Becker
A
In response to Kimberley Johnson.
I'm thinking he will be detained. I've been let down so many times but I don't know...
03:02 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Lauren Malone
A
Trump doesn't have the ability to just shut up. I truly believe he'll be remanded eventually because he won't be able to comply with a gag order
06:19 AM - Aug 06, 2023 (Edited)
FalconWarthog 96
B
If trump doesn't spend time in jail then the whole of the justice system be thrown out the window.
07:54 PM - Aug 05, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
We can hope, this is the first one to stand up to him at this level. He is an existential threat and should be treated as such. Insane coming from a petulant toddler in diapers...
07:39 PM - Aug 05, 2023
I Smoked Threads
A
I followed you up on Thursday and said he'll almost certainly be sentenced to prison by this judge if convicted. Sadly we didn't even have enough time to get to discuss pretrial detention.
07:37 PM - Aug 05, 2023
MuzykConnexUs
A
agreed. he'll never see the inside of a prison. wealthy people only go to prison for harming other wealthy people, not treason. being wealthy/connected will be his stay out of jail card 😒

hell, he called on Russia to get elected, now he's calling I his SCOTUS plants to keep him out of prison ⏳👀
07:33 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to MuzykConnexUs.
He'll fail. Unless the voters drop the ball, but even that's unlikely.

So many people spent years loudly proclaiming he would never be indicted. He was. Now you insist he'll never go to prison.

I'm willing to bet you'll be wrong again.
05:22 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to MuzykConnexUs.
Trump's bullshit harmed a fair few wealthy and powerful people, actually.

And even SCOTUS likely isn't dumb enough to overturn his conviction by fiat. Alito and Thomas, maybe, but not the majority.

They've had chances to rule in his favour on election and investigation-related cases, and didn't.
05:25 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
God I hope you're right on that last part. It would be 🥳. And for those who hope your 1st prediction is wrong, let me sadly remind you of 3 little issues:
1) Trump is known for using judicial appeal to run the clock.
2) Ford pardon Nixon.
3) The next R POTUS will need to appease Trump's supporters.
06:34 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Thunderschnozzle.
You're literally lecturing people that they're wrong to even have hope. Why? Does it offend you that someone might not be filled with cynical despair?

I'm so tired of despair-peddling. But I knew the moment he was indicted, people who loudly asserted it would never happen would shift the goal posts
05:12 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Thunderschnozzle.
1. Trump will keep stalling. But this judge seems disinclined to humour him.

2/3. Biden won't pardon him. Unless the next Republican PotUS is elected in 24, it won't be soon enough to keep him out of prison.

If Biden wins, the only way he stays out of prison is if he dies before the appeals finish
05:17 AM - Aug 06, 2023
vibeulator
A
The problem is that if it’s just “a deal” that he will never enter politics again (including influencing/lobbying) it won’t stop him unless it’s backed by a promise of incarceration.
06:14 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to vibeulator.
We're past the point of a deal like that. The DOJ gave him chance after chance to cooperate in the documents case. He made his bed, and now he'll have to lie in it, as long as the voters don't fuck it up and give him the ultimate out in 24.
05:26 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Mary ♿ Cairns
A
I just watched a clip of a CNN interview on 🐦 with a former SSA. She said in her opinion a Federal Prison would b the place to house him. It's already secure, the SS could do shift work, and the prison could shuffle the inmates so there are non violent first time offenders only near him.
06:11 PM - Aug 05, 2023
NathanJCaboose
A
I hope you're wrong about that last part. If he doesn't go to prison - actual prison - he will not be punished, and it will open the door for a future president to do something even worse.

We need to hold the line here.
06:10 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Badlydone Emma
A
He just went on a rant against Mike Pence, who I’m sure is witness.
He’s about l spend some time incarcerated even bore his trial starts.
06:06 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Susan Kaman
A
And given his entire personality, I do forsee him keeping it up. That probably wasn't the last threat. I predict he'll definitely find out.
06:02 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Jennifer G.
A
Kimberley is awesome! I mean, I have to kind of hate her because her boyfriend is my crush, but she is amazing.
05:53 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
Why not Prison?
05:49 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Julia@myollieBarradise1
B
Definitely, that's why he walked back that statement he made
05:47 PM - Aug 05, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}