Christopher Bouzy
A
During @KimberleyJohnson 's podcast, I said I think Trump will be convicted, but will not go to prison. However, if he keeps up with these threats, the judge in DC will detain him. He is entering the find out stage.
05:44 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
God I hope you're right on that last part. It would be 🥳. And for those who hope your 1st prediction is wrong, let me sadly remind you of 3 little issues:
1) Trump is known for using judicial appeal to run the clock.
2) Ford pardon Nixon.
3) The next R POTUS will need to appease Trump's supporters.
06:34 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
You're literally lecturing people that they're wrong to even have hope. Why? Does it offend you that someone might not be filled with cynical despair?

I'm so tired of despair-peddling. But I knew the moment he was indicted, people who loudly asserted it would never happen would shift the goal posts
In response to Thunderschnozzle.
05:12 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
1) I have never asserted that his it would never happen (loudly or otherwise). Don't put words in my mouth please.
2) I made my opinion clear with 3 concise points. A far cry from "lecturing".
3) Dsagreement doesn't "offend" me. I welcome it.
4) What you call "cynical despair" I call healthy realism
07:15 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Thunderschnozzle.
Well, a lot of people insisted he'd never be indicted. And now a lot of people are saying he'll never go to jail. And that sort of pervasive cynicism, that tells people everything's corrupt and nothing will change, and the mix of apathy and extremism that results, is a big part of how he won in 2016
08:50 PM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}