Tom G. Hughes
A
"essentially he was SO corrupt he turned it into a perverse form of integrity." ... brilliant!

I hate when CNN presents him this way: "Like or hate him, we must respect his ability to win at all costs." Well fuck that.
Anton Brakhage @Anton_Brakhage
This is Trump's secret.

He embraces greed, corruption and hate quite openly. Cynics who think "both sides" are corrupt saw this as refreshing honesty-essentially he was SO corrupt he turned it into a perverse form of integrity. Meanwhile his base loves him because he validates their worst qualities
01:44 AM - Aug 06, 2023
01:49 AM - Aug 06, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to Tom G. Hughes.
TURN. OFF. CNN.

they only exist for corporate profits.

They don't care about truth or honesty, much less if Democracy survives, or their complicity in killing it, if it doesn't.
07:20 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Happy4uu&u
A
In response to CPfromCA.
I haven't watched them in years.

I love sane days. They are just to acid for my health and well-being.
07:32 AM - Aug 06, 2023
ML Hart
A
In response to CPfromCA.
CNN's panel discussions during the Jan6 Committee Hearings were the last straw for me. Too much posturing for soundbites, trying to create controversy where there should have been honesty to go along with the mix of outrage and gratitude.
01:38 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Chance
B
Dude why the FUCK are you still watching CNN is the biggest thing I took away from your spout.....
04:53 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Tom G. Hughes
A
In response to Chance.
Oh I don't watch CNN at all anymore, but I was referring to the reports of his infamous CNN Town Hall earlier this year.
06:52 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Larry with an i
A
Well that's what has been called “pioneering” or “entrepreneurial” for centuries, when it's just greed.
02:14 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Yeah.

Trump taught me that a great many people will forgive-and even admire-an open and unrepentant scoundrel much more readily than they will an imperfect person who is perceived as a hypocrite.
01:56 AM - Aug 06, 2023
Insley James
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Can't remember his name now, but there was an 'evil' king in the old testament whose actions ended up benefitting the Hebrews. I've read (or heard via NPR) some Evangelical Christians compare Trump to that particular king to justify their support of him. 🤷
07:35 AM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}