Daily Picture Theme
A
"oh yay, oh yay, oh yay!" I have been reminded of the importance of "Alt Text", allowing people with visual impairments to be involved. I'm guilty of omitting Alt Text so I'm not pointing fingers. Lets be inclusive where we can. Thank you all especially @persistentcookie #DailyPictureTheme
01:30 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Jacqueline
A
For a shining example of Alt Text, take a look at any image posted by @GSteffanos

Each description reads like a tiny story describing the scene. They are breathtaking and I read every one. I’m trying to do better and he is my inspiration. At least now, I’m remembering to always write one.
In response to Daily Picture Theme.
02:43 PM - Aug 06, 2023
L Dowling
A
In response to Jacqueline.
Thank you for pointing that out. @GSteffanos does indeed do beautiful alt text. #lifegoals now.
07:46 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Julie BlueWave
A
Thanks for the heads up, Jacqueline! Followed you both just now... including better descriptions with photos on #DailyPictureTheme is a good idea. What's more #refreshing than a basket of figs from our own olive orchard in the Southern Peloponnese? My original watercolor
12:53 AM - Aug 07, 2023 (Edited)
RaeDawg
A
I am trying hard to be as descriptive as possible but have never come close to @GSteffanos . Definitely something to aspire to!
05:54 PM - Aug 06, 2023
Daily Picture Theme
A
Writing good Alt text is a real talent, however, we can all do the best we can
02:45 PM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}