Joanie Bessey
A
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'm in Mamma Bear mode rn and I don't like seeing @cbouzy taking all this abuse today. He put out the ? to the community and we voted. He's standing by our vote and in return we should all have his back and not stand for the abuse
08:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
1/He didn’t “put the question out to the community”. I’ve been here since #Spoutible’s public launch but missed this poll - I’m assuming it was in the soft launch?

The community has changed (it’s not self-selected anymore, for one) and making policy from an old poll is not ideal.
In response to Joanie Bessey.
08:45 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Jo
A
In response to dylanshivak.
You do know you have the option to leave if you don't like the policy here.
01:07 PM - Jul 16, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Jo.
Why did you feel the need to reply to a 5 month-old post? Lol
02:40 PM - Jul 17, 2023
Substantion_THEE_ Igra
B
You’re free to leave if you don’t like it.
09:23 AM - Jul 16, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Substantion_THEE_ Igra.
Why did you feel the need to reply to a 5 month-old post? Lol
02:39 PM - Jul 17, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
?????
Of course the community is self-selected. It's the very definition of self-selected.
09:26 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Kate Nicholson
A
He did, and “old poll” is stuff put into place while building this (maybe a month) old site.
11:33 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
You are free to create your own platform. Chris has been nothing but communicative since BEFORE he even decided to attempt this.
10:53 AM - Feb 20, 2023
scribblegurl
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
So many votes and polls.
12:29 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
Perhaps be grateful you have this place curated by @cbouzy and voted on by the rest of us.

Or be spiteful that you missed the boat.

Your choice.
09:47 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Myrian M
A
I am very happy about what @cbouzy has created here. Those who aren't have a very simple choice, either create your own social media outlet or go elsewhere and leave us the hell alone.
09:32 PM - Feb 19, 2023
G
A
You might want to reconsider being part of this platform. If the rules are too much, there are platforms that might be a better fit.
09:26 PM - Feb 19, 2023
L.G.
A
I received the survey in my email as I am no longer on Twitter- attached is a screenshot of the partial results.

The community did vote.

In order to have a smoother time on this platform- You should consider asking more questions rather than making assumptions/accusations.

Have a lovely day 😃
09:20 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Gretchen Brahm
A
Dylan, what is it that you want to see happen here? You want adult content allowed? What is your end goal with this argument that the polls are "old" and therefore not valid? This platform has only been around for 20ish days. Pretty sure that still makes it a newborn.
09:07 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Gretchen Brahm.
Like I said I do not care about whether or not the content is allowed. The justification of “the community voted” is what I find suspect - no, the community did not vote.

Just say that’s the policy and move on.
09:13 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Zanetta_Inc
A
Ummm...recent POLLS were conducted BEFORE the launch and Spoutiblerules, are the result of those polls. The most recent that I remember participating in, was one month ago. Maybe a little longer.
09:04 PM - Feb 19, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
It was never self selected. People had more than few months to preregister. If you've been here since the launch on Feb. 1 and missed the polls on Twitter, you missed them. Also, 1 1 followers seem low for being here since the launch.
09:02 PM - Feb 19, 2023
G
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
Exactly. This might not be the platform for you, Dylan.
09:25 PM - Feb 19, 2023
G
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
Sorry Laura, this was not intended for you.
09:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Max Prophet
A
He put the question out to his Twitter followers when he was in the planning stage getting 100k people to sign up to make it a viable project. It was as a vote majority rules. He honored it. I was one of be the 1st 100k. I didn't win all the votes but I was okay to live by the results.
08:54 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Okay, so now the rest of us never get a say on it? The “majority” of his twitter followers do not make up the majority of the site anymore.

If this site wants to flourish it needs to stop making “outsiders” and “the cool kids” who were here before it was open to the public.
08:56 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Simon Sands
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Same here Max...👏👏
09:03 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
2/I should qualify that I do not care either way about the site’s stance on sexual content. I just don’t love @cbouzy ’s stance of “my way or the highway” based on an outdated poll. Very reminiscent of something Elon Musk would do - which many here are trying to get away from.
08:47 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Viata Chew
A
You talk an awful lot for someone who doesn't care either way. You will never get to help set policy or rules here and we all think you'd be happier elsewhere, so please don't let the door hit you on your way out.
11:26 AM - Feb 20, 2023
scribblegurl
A
1. It's HIS company. NOT YOURS.
2. You have been informed several times the poll was a month ago. That is hardly ancient times, and your insistence that it is is extremely telling.
3. You are more than welcome to leave. No one has tied you to the radiator. In fact, here's a subway token. Good day.
12:35 PM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}