Joanie Bessey
A
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'm in Mamma Bear mode rn and I don't like seeing @cbouzy taking all this abuse today. He put out the ? to the community and we voted. He's standing by our vote and in return we should all have his back and not stand for the abuse
08:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Joanie Bessey.
1/He didn’t “put the question out to the community”. I’ve been here since #Spoutible’s public launch but missed this poll - I’m assuming it was in the soft launch?

The community has changed (it’s not self-selected anymore, for one) and making policy from an old poll is not ideal.
08:45 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Gretchen Brahm
A
In response to dylanshivak.
Dylan, what is it that you want to see happen here? You want adult content allowed? What is your end goal with this argument that the polls are "old" and therefore not valid? This platform has only been around for 20ish days. Pretty sure that still makes it a newborn.
09:07 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
Like I said I do not care about whether or not the content is allowed. The justification of “the community voted” is what I find suspect - no, the community did not vote.

Just say that’s the policy and move on.
In response to Gretchen Brahm.
09:13 PM - Feb 19, 2023
scribblegurl
A
We did. Just because you didn't doesn't negate the results.
12:30 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Kate Nicholson
A
But it was a policy that was voted on last month. By the community, he asked, those of us who voted responded. Then the policy was set.
11:36 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
He has said so, ad nauseum. Or did you miss that too?
10:57 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Shai
A
You can find it suspect all you want, but that's literally what happened. Bouzy ran multiple polls, held Spaces, & continued to answer questions on Twitter about what people wanted in a new website. This happened over the course of 2-3 months, it's no one's fault you didn't see it.
12:39 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Lisa
A
I voted - signed up & started getting emails from Spoutible w/ surveys. I answered all of them.
12:27 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Pamela
A
I took the poll.
10:25 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Phil
B
Email polls were sent to all that pre-registered. If you can't comprehend that, go elsewhere. No one will miss you.
10:08 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
I was part of Spoutible before it became public and, yes, there was a poll about it - I voted in that poll. So, it was indeed put out to the community.
09:58 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Rev. Deborah C Inyamah
A
The community did vote. I was a part of the poll that was emailed to those who preregistered when Spoutible was a beta concept. We have had input since day one & WE (the majority) voted👌🏾 So, yes the community voted! #WEareSpoutible & cannot/will not be moved🐳💦
09:52 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
Public launch was on the 9th, not the 1st. That's all of TEN days ago. And yes, there *was* a vote, which I know because I voted. If you didn't preregister and weren't around for it, that's on you.
09:43 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
Oof... that's an interesting thought process. Is your argument, then, that 100% of the community needs to vote in order for policies to be legitimate?
09:40 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
In response to Gretchen Brahm.
Interesting concept. This means every time someone else joins then everybody has to vote again. Gosh, wouldn't that be fun. /rme
LOL
09:59 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}