Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/5
The recent escalation by this group of YouTubers to target Harry and Meghan offline, and go on a targeted harassment tour, is a matter of great concern and seriousness.
11:48 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/5
YouTube has to stop allowing its platform to be weaponized.
11:49 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/5
YouTube needs to start enforcing its policies on targeted harassment and stop allowing people like this to use its platform to monetize harassment.
11:52 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/5
I told Newswweek this recent incident targeting Harry and Meghan underscores the worrisome trend of bad actors weaponizing YouTube to target individuals and the disturbing reality that YouTube is turning a blind eye to targeted harassment.
11:53 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/5
Now that there is backlash, Andy Signore is claiming it was a "joke." I guess the others didn't get the memo. It wasn't a joke.
11:59 AM - Aug 07, 2023
Bo Dybkær
A
*Schrödingers Douchebag*: A person who decides whether he was joking depending on peoples' reactions.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
12:04 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Insley James
A
In response to Bo Dybkær.
Actually laughed out loud at this fun word play so thank you and right-on for the concept. It could be a viral meme, but first you might want to consider changing the word "douchebag" to something disgusting and without gender.

#WordNerd
12:36 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Insley James.
I’ve struggled with this, mostly because I like the word “douchebag”. I am pro-female and pretty sensitive to gendered insults. So a douchebag is an item/process like an enema, not a body part. I guess to be safest we need to stick to things used for anyone’s nether regions such as “ass-wipe”.
01:33 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Bo Dybkær
A
In response to Insley James.
Sorry, I had actually never considered the literal meaning of the word (not an Englidh speaking native), but I get the point. I didn't coin it but picked it up somewhere, so feel free to make your own edits 😄
03:25 PM - Aug 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}