Christopher Bouzy
A
An old poll? It was a survey taken by nearly 30,000 people a month ago. And I also talked about the policy during a Twitter Space and took questions about it. And yes, I make the final decision about what policies and features are implemented. That is what CEOs do.
dylanshivak @dylanshivak
1/He didn’t “put the question out to the community”. I’ve been here since #Spoutible’s public launch but missed this poll - I’m assuming it was in the soft launch?

The community has changed (it’s not self-selected anymore, for one) and making policy from an old poll is not ideal.
08:45 PM - Feb 19, 2023
08:53 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ashley ????
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Considering 30k took the poll and at least 100k were needed for the social media site to be created, and im sure there are more than that signed up now, that doesnt even represent the majority. It's also not like we received a copy of the exact policy for peer review to point out potential issues.
09:02 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Julie B
A
this is a privately owned site, not a democracy. peer review? my goodness that idea is audacious.
In response to Ashley ????.
09:21 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ashley ????
A
In response to Julie B.
That wasn't an idea, it was a way of saying that the poll voters (i voted yes on allowing sw, either way) did not know what the policy would say and had no way of knowing how vague it would be
09:35 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}