Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
I don't get churches. Jesus asked us to take care of each other. So we build monstrosities that are empty 6.5 days a week? Seems like if your first floor isn't a soup kitchen and the second floor doesn't have bunks and showers, you're not churching right.
12:48 AM - Aug 08, 2023 (Edited)
Mary Locker
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
Frankly, I don't get religions. How can you confine the infinite, unknowable, eternal, creative intelligence at the core of all Universes to any box, shape or persona? And then make restrictions, rules and exclusions and claim that they come from Divine Energy? It makes no sense to me.
04:33 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Mary Locker.
All of this. I have deconstructed my faith aaaalll the way out of organized religion.
10:33 AM - Dec 18, 2023
Dréa25
A
It does depend on the church though. Those doing the work, running food pantries, providing classes to update skills etc., usually do it without fanfare. They are not interested in clout, or likes, follows, whatever. Other churches do the opposite. They missed the assignment completely.
03:49 PM - Aug 08, 2023
MANTA & FREE PALESTINE
A
I bet they would be way more churchy if they had to pay taxes. Soup kitchens, shelters galore would probably exist
07:42 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Steve Hill
B
NOPE! They dont care! they believe it shows more Love to show Tough Love! Besides Christianity is about saving SOULS (now thats a serious High right there), having the best stained glass, and having a place for the kids to go so they dont end up hanging with Druggies or Darkies!
02:33 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Linda B-B
A
01:34 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Caryl D
A
In response to Linda B-B.
Wrong pope
Frances does is not that way
07:31 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Carol W
B
In response to Linda B-B.
Fucking Exactly. Millions and millions worth of art and gold shit. In the Vatican alone.
08:29 PM - Dec 27, 2023
GRANDma isn't Right
A
There are churches like that still around, but the huge megachurches get the publicity.
Bad news travels much faster than the Good News, unfortunately.
01:24 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to GRANDma isn't Right.
Nashville and Atlanta had some beauts. In between Atlanta and Peachtree City were these 2 pastors always trying to outdo each other. Basketball court with 1K seats, nail salon and coffee shop, the works ... well, exhort, no good works.
01:45 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
In the Bible I grew up with in the '40s and '50s (King James Version), the only time we see Jesus angry and violent was at the money changers in the temple, who were not only profiting off of the faith of believers but cheating them as well. Perhaps there's a parallel with today's churches. 🙄
01:17 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Licia
A
I grew up in a church built by people from the small town my grandparents grew up in. They needed it to survive in the "city." It was open 7 days a week to offer community service. I only went on Sunday for the 10:30 a.m. ice cream. I quit going at age 14 & my bible-thumbing beloveds allowed it.
01:15 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Iz Here
A
Amen that!
01:09 AM - Aug 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}