Victoria Haacke
A
Sent out my (first) book to seven different agents/publishers today. The slog of throwing this thing out there begins! #amquerying #writing #writer #Author #books #WritingCommunity
04:11 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Peter Brewster
A
In response to Victoria Haacke.
Congrats! You did that hard thing and put it out here! That’s HUGE! I’m really anxious to get to that step myself and hope the manuscript I’m working on now (also 1st of a series) is the one I’ll finally feel good enough to submit. Any less obv. advice from someone a little further along than me?
03:27 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Victoria Haacke
A
In response to Peter Brewster.
Thank you so much! My first advice would be to take time & get what you'll need ready. Almost all of them require a bio, query letter, synopsis, one sentence pitch, potential audience & similar books. Luckily, there are a lot of websites that help you write those things in a way where you stand out.
01:05 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Victoria Haacke
A
In response to Peter Brewster.
And secondly: Your story will not be for everyone. Don't let rejections dissuade you from continuing. There is *always* self-publishing. As long as you love your story, that's all that matters! :)
01:06 PM - Aug 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Victoria Haacke
A
In response to aaron.
Thanks! It’s the first book in a five or six book series. Just gotta break into the game first! :D
05:16 PM - Aug 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}