Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I can't stand that its 2023 and people still only talk about mental health in the vain of condemning "Evil people" with it. If you follow me on here than you know one of millions who struggle with some form of mental health issue.
10:13 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
AMEN. I swear something like 340% of movie descriptions start with "Stalked by a psycho" etc. The stigmatization is *deeply* ingrained, and people balk when asked to question it.
04:17 PM - Aug 11, 2023
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
Exactly its gotten to the point where people really think our illness is just a choice or a toggle we can shut on and off. Folks love the appealing psychos and don't realize how many of us are just trying to keep things together most days.
04:25 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Ground Control
A
Andrew Vachss called it: evil is a choice, not a destiny. Mental illness is never a choice.
04:16 PM - Aug 11, 2023
A
In response to Ground Control.
Trust me I would not have chosen this its like my mind is only my own part of the time.
04:26 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
The extremism is so frustrating! According to the media, mental health is 1) what produces mass, murderers or 2) some New Age self-care program that will make you more productive at work. So it covers the 0.1% at each extreme of the spectrum.
12:05 PM - Aug 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cblifeisgood) can see their posts

Sneaky Burrito
A
This was the week I realized I have probably been living with ADHD for my entire life (am 45). Have also been treated for depression in the past as well. I hold down a job (uniquely suited to my issues, it turns out) so outwardly I may appear "normal" to others.
11:05 AM - Aug 11, 2023
justanotherpam
A
Same. When my anxiety spiked at the time of my cancer diagnosis a few years back, my oncologist put me on cymbalta. Absolutely life-altering, and made me realize that I have always suffered from anxiety and need therapy as well. I think there are vast numbers of undiagnosed still.
10:51 AM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}