Ross Wilkins
A
Folks that know me well shouldn't be surprised by anything I'll share in this thread. Folks that don't know me that well may find some surprises here. I'm not really looking to debate any of this but wanted to put some perspective on why I may post some of the things I may post about. /1
10:14 AM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Ross Wilkins
A
In response to Ross Wilkins.
I am not a lot of things.
I am not Black, Hispanic or Latino, Asian, Arabic, Mediterranean, American Indian, Pacific Islander, Aboriginal, Romani, or most of the other racial/ethnic groups people may consider themselves to be a part of. I am not an immigrant. /2
10:14 AM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Ross Wilkins
A
I've got close friends and family who ARE immigrants or 2nd/3rd generation Americans but my DNA says I'm just a white guy whose ancestors came from Scandinavia and the British Isles a long time ago. /3
10:15 AM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Ross Wilkins
A
I long for a day that these differences are just descriptors of who we are and where our families came from. A day that no one will be marginalized or discriminated against because they look different, or their culture is different, or they were born somewhere else. /4
10:16 AM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Ross Wilkins
A
I am not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Christian, or any of the other myriad religions that are practiced around the world. I'm not sure there is a simple way to describe how I view my place in the cosmos and I gave up trying to define it a long time ago. /5
Ross Wilkins
A
For now I try to follow Wheaton's Law, "Thou shalt not be a dick". Believe what you will but I'll have a real problem with you if you use your faith to justify prejudice, bigotry, misogyny or try to force your beliefs on others through legislation. Go back and read Wheaton's Law again ... /6
Ross Wilkins
A
I am not a member of the LGBTQIA+ community but I know and love more of them than I can count. I long for the day that their right to exist safely in the world is fully embraced, accepted and no longer questioned. /7
10:19 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Timothy Magee
A
I looked up Wheaton's Law when I read your profile. Totally agree.
05:49 PM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}