Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
There is nothing worse to me than a society that treats mental illness as a choice instead of the sickness it is. Its literally in the name, its not a demon you can pray away or expel, it is an illness that requires medication for some, therapy for most and understanding we often do not receive.
04:20 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
We have a society that singles out teeth, eyes, & ears as not deserving of healthcare coverage in standard insurance plans. No surprise the mind is also on that list.

If we can put a bandaid on it, we'll cover it. Otherwise GFY.
04:41 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
This is true. I only have good mental healthcare paying out of pocket. We sold a car to pay for it, and I have a choice between doc and meds or therapy. I can't afford both. Finding a therapist that takes insurance is getting harder not easier.
In response to Iz Here.
06:08 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
This is a terribly sad, utterly unnecessary, & ultimately self-defeating for a supposed leading economy. Aggravating the situation: the quality of healthcare insurance available to you depends v much on the state you live in.
06:36 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Iz Here.
We actually have decent insurance. Other companies have tried to poach the hubs and they won't pay him enough to offset that loss. Still, it's nowhere near where it should be esp considering what we pay.
06:42 PM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}