Shawn Fernando
A
Erie, like other towns, was hollowed out by factory closures and downsizing. People there know on a visceral level how wealth has been siphoned from the unionized middle class into the pockets of CEOs. #Erie #Unions

https://youtu.be/zCyZHB7NdPE
We Went To a Trump Rally: What We Heard Will Shock You - YouTube

Donald Trump voters told us why billionaires have too much power.We visited a Trump rally in search of an honest conversation with Donald Trump's supporters ...

08:54 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Royce Hansen
A
In response to Shawn Fernando.
What shocks me is they believe Trump worked and will work for THEM, whereas President Biden IS working to lift up the lower and middle class.
09:11 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Shawn Fernando
A
In response to Royce Hansen.
If Democrats want to capture these voters back with a strong pro-union message, they can. I hope that’s the focus of this upcoming election. But there has to be some acknowledgment that we are working from a messaging deficit that goes back to the Cinton administration.
10:09 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Royce Hansen
A
In response to Shawn Fernando.
President Biden is and has always been pro Union. He states it quite often.
10:21 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Shawn Fernando
A
I agree. Biden has done more than his predecessors focus on labor. I think that’s a winning strategy.

I’m saying he’s working from a deficit. Clinton and Obama both claimed to be pro-labor during a period when labor (and Erie) was in steep decline.

But I’m hopeful about the campaign. 👍🏽
In response to Royce Hansen.
12:04 PM - Aug 12, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}