Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In order for us to successfully defeat racism, we’re going to need some of y’all to lose the idea that racism is ONLY using the N word, burning crosses & wearing white hooded robes. Stop telling POC that what is happening to them is not racism when we call it out. Thank you for coming to my TashTalk
09:08 PM - May 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Long Haul Voter - Tasha.
I'm going to be honest…I probably use "racist" more than I used to. Old me thought, there are too many "racist adjacent" things getting lumped together. But now my thought process is, just because it's systemic or intent is missing, if the result is racist, then the policy leading to it is also
02:23 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
If you’re like me, you start to recognize more things as racist instead of just bad manners or something else
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
01:36 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Long Haul Voter - Tasha.
Example: Our high school awards PE credit for varsity sports. Some sports are fairly wide open, anyone can try out. But hockey, soccer, softball, tennis … if you weren’t enrolled in the right academies by age 6, you’re not making the team. Not sure it’s technically racist, but it’s not equitable.
12:30 AM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}