Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In order for us to successfully defeat racism, we’re going to need some of y’all to lose the idea that racism is ONLY using the N word, burning crosses & wearing white hooded robes. Stop telling POC that what is happening to them is not racism when we call it out. Thank you for coming to my TashTalk
09:08 PM - May 02, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Long Haul Voter - Tasha.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:18 PM - Sep 19, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
I'm going to be honest…I probably use "racist" more than I used to. Old me thought, there are too many "racist adjacent" things getting lumped together. But now my thought process is, just because it's systemic or intent is missing, if the result is racist, then the policy leading to it is also
02:23 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
If you’re like me, you start to recognize more things as racist instead of just bad manners or something else
01:36 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Tyreek Hill
A
In order to defeat racism education must be free.
09:43 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Tyreek Hill.
Agreed!
09:04 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Tyreek Hill.
Free and without barriers, gate keepers, obstacles of any kind.
02:24 PM - Aug 13, 2023
A work in progress
A
This is what I love about Isabel Wilkerson’s book “Caste”.
We’re all involved in the caste system and we all have to be part of the solution.
11:13 AM - May 04, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to A work in progress.
We’re reading that for #ReadBannedBooks this month! Check out the hashtag and join the discussion!🥰
11:36 AM - May 04, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I've said for years that racism is only defined by white people. If a black person says something is racist, it doesn't count.

I'm sure many black folks have experienced the conversation of saying something appears racist to them and a white person saying.. "that's not racist!" Not even asking why?
07:54 AM - May 03, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Yep, it’s like you have to jump through hoops trying to PROVE it’s racist with nobody accepting your reasons when you give them.
03:09 PM - May 03, 2023
Deborah Crow
A
I look white but my last name however is not. It's Native American aka Indigenous Peoples. Job interviews then were done in person. The application filled in person. During the interview, they'd see my last name. I am told the job had been filled. It had not been filled, I would see it still open.
02:15 AM - May 03, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Deborah Crow.
I HATE when things like that happen!
06:56 AM - May 03, 2023
Mr. Joseph Moran
A
That's where we white people need to step up. Too many of our folks still think that the end of segregation was the end of racism. Keep fighting!
09:58 PM - May 02, 2023
FractalPast
A
You couldn't be more right: many white people continue to dwell in ignorance on this topic. I wrote a historically informed blog post on "systemic racism" for BHM; your followers may find of interest:

https://www.scribblingbarb...
09:57 PM - May 02, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to FractalPast.
This for sharing! I’ll check it out!
06:58 AM - May 03, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Your spout reminded me of this from James Baldwin
09:44 PM - May 02, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
This man nailed it every time.
07:57 AM - May 03, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Aline Geronimus' book Weathering details how fighting daily stereotype threat causes cellular harm. We who would be allies need to step up in everyday life + LISTEN to what marginalized folks say is unacceptable. Then act and speak up. It's long past time to understand the hurt is not up for debate.
09:34 PM - May 02, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
This was the subtext of several scenes in the play I saw last night, especially where a black woman entrepreneur exhausted from fighting misogynoir lashes out at the WM who is her daughter's godfather. Really effective takedown.
09:21 PM - May 02, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
What was the play?
06:58 AM - May 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}