Michael Allbritton
A
thread 1/2
I don't agree with the premise of this article since one does not HAVE to sub to every streaming service out there. But it also doesn't take into account that with, say, 3 VOD streaming subs you would get so much more value for your money than with plain cable, there is really is no argument.
03:32 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
thread 2/2
If one takes the amount of money you are paying for a cable/satellite sub per month (minus Internet) and use that money to sub to VOD services, you will get so much more for your money that you won't have enough time in the day to watch all the entertainment. This is the beauty of cord cutting, IMO.
03:34 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Michael Allbritton.
Agreed. You don't have to carry them all. I have 3 plus free Kanopy & that is already too much to watch. You can bounce in & out of streaming subs, too, & catch up when you re-up.
03:42 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Exactly. The beauty is... no contracts! No cancelation fees. Tired of the content on Peacock? Cancel with no penalty. Easy!
03:48 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
In response to Michael Allbritton.
We have a bunch, w/add-ons, and we're STILL paying less than half what we paid for DirecTV. It's easier to find something to watch since our subs reflect our interests. We also add and drop services with promotions, so we're almost never paying full price, AND no service remains unused.
03:39 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
In response to Mia DaCosta.
I do much the same. Although I did pay for a year in advance on some of my most used services, so now I don't even have that monthly expense and got a slight discount by paying in advance. And I got a permanent veteran discount from Paramount+. 1 yr for $80. Good deal!
03:41 PM - Aug 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}