Jax Stewart
A
Hah! I live in Oregon. I've pumped gas once in my life, when I was 14 (that was decades ago). And I spilled a bit of gas at the end. I'm glad I ran across this article! 🥴
03:24 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Jax Stewart.
It's not that hard. I used to make my ex do it because he was a lazy ass and did as little as possible around the house. When I finally divorced him, he commented that I would have to pump my own now. I told him I would be happy to, it really requires no skill at all.
03:32 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Jax Stewart
A
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. (Haven't had to do it yet.) I'm just one of those people that likes to have all the instructions in order before doing something. I was nervous at 14, but that was because my older sister was making me do it for her car.
In response to Ellen Leigh.
03:42 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Jax Stewart.
Got it! There's some variation among stations, but I've found that most of the instructions are right on the pump itself. I find paying with a card is easiest. Use the trigger prop. The nozzle will shut itself off, so no overflow. Shake off the last drip like a guy, return nozzle, get your receipt.
04:08 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Jax Stewart
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Thanks so much for this quick how-to! (I especially like the "shake off... like a guy" 😭) I know it'll be okay - after all, nearly everyone else does it.
04:20 PM - Aug 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}