Jax Stewart
A
Hah! I live in Oregon. I've pumped gas once in my life, when I was 14 (that was decades ago). And I spilled a bit of gas at the end. I'm glad I ran across this article! 🥴
03:24 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Jax Stewart.
It's not that hard. I used to make my ex do it because he was a lazy ass and did as little as possible around the house. When I finally divorced him, he commented that I would have to pump my own now. I told him I would be happy to, it really requires no skill at all.
03:32 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Jax Stewart
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. (Haven't had to do it yet.) I'm just one of those people that likes to have all the instructions in order before doing something. I was nervous at 14, but that was because my older sister was making me do it for her car.
03:42 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Got it! There's some variation among stations, but I've found that most of the instructions are right on the pump itself. I find paying with a card is easiest. Use the trigger prop. The nozzle will shut itself off, so no overflow. Shake off the last drip like a guy, return nozzle, get your receipt.
04:08 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Jax Stewart
A
Thanks so much for this quick how-to! (I especially like the "shake off... like a guy" 😭) I know it'll be okay - after all, nearly everyone else does it.
In response to Ellen Leigh.
04:20 PM - Aug 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Thought you'd like that. I had to learn real quick and in the winter to boot, while forced to find a place to live and move into it within 2 weeks, if I can do it, you can do it. You've got this.
04:26 PM - Aug 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}