Andrew Cove
A
I also don't think "the community voted on this" is a response of any worth. It's hugely impacted by sample bias, and it's a cop out to say that the hard policy decisions were decided by a particularly vocal set of early users.
03:21 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Julie H.
A
In response to Andrew Cove.
Its actually hugely impacted by those of us who wanted to see a safe and friendly platform created, which is what we voted on. And what we were enjoying until the chaos crew showed up.
03:28 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Andrew Cove
A
In response to Julie H..
If you want a gated community where you don't have to see or her from people you disagree with, make a closed Facebook group.

If you want a platform that grows and matters in culture and society – one whose social policies actually matter – you have to make room for it to grow.
03:32 PM - Feb 20, 2023
JustDee
A
In response to Andrew Cove.
If you do not like the water here there is an exit strategy.
The community was asked, the community responded. I've been here from the beginning and have never felt my voice was being silenced. For the first time, I actually feel heard.
03:25 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Andrew Cove
A
In response to JustDee.
In short, I don't care.

If you keep showing users the door, this platform will die.

If it grows, the "first wave" will be rapidly dwarfed by others. Your sense of ownership is quaint. Your voice will be drowned out by the volume of new users. That is the nature of social media platforms.
03:28 PM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}