Deanna Fry
A
#SpoutibleNews "Blind Side" family accuses Michael Oher of "shakedown"
09:23 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Kevin Kimbrough
A
In response to Deanna Fry.
…so a family that created a conservatorship, not to protect his interest, but line their pockets, in which they profited from his skills & abilities, now claims they are being shook down! 🤔

*now what system did we have in America that folks profited from w/out shedding an ounce of their own labor
11:49 AM - Aug 16, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Kevin Kimbrough.
That part. “Conservatorship”. They thought they “owned” him and saw him as an investment.
01:31 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Yogi Thomas
B
They tricked Michael Oher, then 18 years old, into signing a conservatorship by stating it was an adoption. As conservators, they gained legal rights to sign contracts and write books on his life. They signed movie contracts that gave them percentages of the net profits but didn’t include Oher.🤷🏽‍♀️
11:48 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
We can hope that there's a paper trail that will reveal the truth, but unfortunately Hollywood operates like a Five Families mafia organization. They have shell companies inside shell companies to hide profits, and they're never public companies, so the books are sealed.
11:31 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Lexis Nexus
B
Whiteness really is a drug & weapon, overused by #TheChildrenOfTheCorn . 9 times out of 10 they are the perpetrators/aggressors & because society naturally takes their side whenever they scream the loudest, Black people are not heard or believed.
10:19 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Mynxie
A
Hmm, Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy could easy put much of this all to rest simply by making public the conservatorship & the movie contracts, as well as dissolving that said conservatorship, so why haven't they?
10:11 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Michael Whitehead
A
In response to Mynxie.
10:35 AM - Aug 16, 2023
Heather Crowell
A
It’s funny that there is a scene in the movie where the NCAA is investigating his accepting a scholarship to Old Miss. A little foreshadowing, maybe a little truth there.
10:01 AM - Aug 16, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Heather Crowell.
🙄 Not the “Legacy admission” 👇🏽

“They said the only way Michael could go to Ole Miss was if he was actually part of the family," Tuohy said

Never watched the full movie, but I do remember seeing that scene. Sistahs ALWAYS be knowing.

She said: “🧐 🤨….Bae, you good?”
01:28 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Virginia Crochets and Stuff
A
I have never watched the movie or read the book because it seemed off. I had a hard time as a child, made me very wary of savior stories. I absolutely believe him. Good parents don’t act that way.
09:38 AM - Aug 16, 2023
William Tulloch
A
They went right to the "big scary Black man" defense, didn't they? They can't deny the utterly unnecessary conservatorship, and I presume Mr. Oher can demonstrate that he received no profits, so all they can do is rely on white privilege. I presume Mrs. Touhy will be crying in an interview soon.
09:29 AM - Aug 16, 2023
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
This story always seemed fishy to me. Kindly white saviors —in MISSISSIPPI?!— save illiterate black youth from a life cleaning toilets. Turns out almost none of that was true—he was high achieving, already had a scholarship. And the conservatorship? Likely to keep him from inheriting from THEM!
09:25 AM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)
William Tulloch
A
In response to South Cackalacky Scholar.
I also feel bad for Sandra Bullock, who likely took the role in part because she's an actual adoptive mother to Black children, and was also likely lied to, just like Oher. She joins Vanessa Redgrave in the "won an Oscar for a 'real' character who turned out to be a lie."
11:01 AM - Aug 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}