Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
It is one thing for Speaker Kevin McCarthy to fully release the Jan. 6 footage.

But releasing the footage EXCLUSIVELY to a Jan. 6 denier like Tucker Carlson? That is as insane as appointing Marjorie Taylor Greene to the Homeland Security Committee.
05:14 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Shell Sheddy
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
McCarthy is a #Seditionist #RepublicanSeditionists McCarthy is a #Seditionist
06:22 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Aunt B
A
I have no idea why they would want to do that. It just shows how many people including the Secret Service were involved. Have you ever seen the CNN coverage assault on democracy it’s on discovery plus and it’s like watching a train wreck.
05:06 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Robert Hayes
A
I read that McCarthy was warned against releasing this security footage to agents of Fox by the FBI, I believe. He disregarded the warning not to release and he allowed agents of Fox to review and have access to the security footage. What McCarthy did in going ahead in releasing the footage to Fox
09:49 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
Why aren't we pretending this isn't a crime?

Yo! DOJ! Wake the fuck up! CREWcrew has already sued.

Where the hell are the cops when you need them...
10:55 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Maria G
A
Challenge his role as Speaker. Isn't that a thing that was agreed to when he got the job? Now seems like a good time.
02:50 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Kim Kerr
A
Agree, maybe the other news organizations need to request the material. Or the House of Representatives need demand that the information be released. But I expect someone will have to file a lawsuit to get the footage. No one in Congress should release material to only one news outlet.
10:27 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Joe Hufford
B
It makes far more sense when you acknowledge, openly, that Dumb Kevin is just a spineless gutless brainless dickless jellyfish that is only trying to curry favor with a self avowed racist fishstick heir.
10:10 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Debbie Ervin
A
They get more disgusting by the day.
10:03 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Steve Johnson
A
please explain to me ( a recently naturalized citizen) how government property can unilaterally be released exclusively? I honestly don't know how this can be achieved without any rule/law/vote. Or did I miss a vote on this ?
09:39 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Nita Brown
A
In response to Steve Johnson.
I would like to understand that as well….
11:33 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Janet MacLean
A
Isn't this obstruction of justice? Recall how Carlson gave "suggestions" to Trump and his allies when Mueller was investigating.
09:33 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Janet MacLean
A
What can be done about it?
09:31 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
McCarthy and Carlson are traitors to their country, just as the insurrectionists and the orange mob boss who incited them.
09:26 PM - Feb 20, 2023
George Bishop
A
If he can give it to someone who in court claims to be an entertainer, not a journalist, how does the Speaker not have to give the video to everyone? The FOIA requests nearly fill themselves out.
09:20 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Richard Head
A
Who's going to stop him? Certainly not Merrick Garland.
06:54 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Lil
A
We know from reporting that Carlson has hired onto his staff at least one man who actively posted on white supremacist/white nationalist forums

We also know that it's his staff who will be accessing/reviewing this footage

McCarthy could be directly responsible for future attacks on the Capitol
06:26 PM - Feb 20, 2023
ML Hart
A
Expect a flood of selectively doctored / fake videos to prove their point. This is a freakin' disaster. McCarthy (appropriate name) has never been a *Leader* but now he's a dumpster fire.
Dems need to ramp up neighborhood efforts for '24 vote - starting now.
05:36 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Craving Waffles
A
That video will be sold to whomever can pay the price, and will be used for training for years to come, and will become THE definitive guide to taking over the Capitol of the United States in the future. Right fucking in front of us.

Traitors.
05:29 PM - Feb 20, 2023
SeattleBlueGull
A
One point for consistency; I don't think he understands the honor-ability expected of him. In the old day, it would have been done, but not publicly. Got to retain deniability in that position...
05:24 PM - Feb 20, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
absolutely. especially since they have a reputation for "re-mixing" videos and straight-up lying about everything
05:19 PM - Feb 20, 2023 (Edited)
Paul Schneeman
A
Illegal collusion to incite another riot. Fight back harder
05:18 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Beth D
A
McCarthy has made the House laughable. Appointing insurrectionists to key positions & now this. Why were the insurrectionists sworn in? Why wasn’t the 14th amendment enforced? Speaker Pelosi was an excellent effective leader! McCarthy is a joke.
05:18 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Lisa Wayne
A
He’s a deplorable… don’t expect much from him.
05:16 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
Is this not a security threat in itself? To allow someone like Tucker Carlson access to all the footage?
05:15 PM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}