Joshua Holland
A
thread 1/2
This AP story about the arrest of a TX woman who threatened Chutkan omitted the fact that she called the judge, who’s Black, a “dumb slave” and the N-word. They’re so invested in downplaying this belligerent extremism that’s so pervasive on the right—even in a story about death threats.
08:51 PM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)
Joshua Holland
A
thread 2/2
Also omitted by AP: “All Democrats in Washington D.C. and all people in the LGBTQ community: You are in our sights, we want to kill you”
09:07 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Elizabeth Stein
A
In response to Joshua Holland.
It recently dawned on me that what they really want to overturn is the 1860 election. I wish they wouldn’t keep proving me right.
11:05 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
It’s the American way. It’s like Giuliani widely being considered an honorable man when he built his reputation and career on harassment and abuse of black folks. That part of his background was simply not important to his general standing.
08:58 PM - Aug 16, 2023
frog_enabler
A
In response to Mlb Anx.
". . . Rudy Giuliani’s mayoralty was driven by a hostility to free expression, police brutality and violence, and an authoritarian disregard for democracy." https://www.nyclu.org/en/p...
09:16 PM - Aug 16, 2023
Dr K
A
In response to Mlb Anx.
Indeed. That’s why I see virtually all GOPers as racist. Bigotry is not a dealbreaker for them. And look at the worship of Washington & Jefferson. Owning slaves is no dealbreaker lowering their status among many here.
03:47 PM - Aug 17, 2023
9Gen
A
The local story missed neither.
#SupportLocalJournalists
#SupportLocalJournalism
08:58 PM - Aug 16, 2023 (Edited)
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to 9Gen.
Do you have a link to a story that manages to tell the whole story ? Disgusting omission.
09:36 PM - Aug 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}