Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
Welcome to another round of #Spoutories !

Today’s prompt word is: #beach

Write a one-spout story of any genre.
Keep it clean! Adhere to Spoutible rules.
Include the two hashtags on your post.
Please spread this spout to reach others.

Have fun!
08:12 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
In response to Haruka (RELOCATED).
#Spoutories #beach

Does the beach make the person? Does a wild beach with twenty foot tides mold a different person than a sandy equatorial beach with a gentle rise and fall? Does a beach on a lake count? And what sings to the soul of us, the landlocked?
03:31 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Ruth Zantvoort
A
#Spoutories #beach

The beach looked so close. I felt I could touch it. There was no swell, no wind - a calm day. My legs were leaden, my arms refused to move further.
I resigned myself, and quickly - so quickly - the riptide pulled me away and under.
03:37 AM - Aug 18, 2023
susan adelman
A
#Spoutstories from Manhattan Beach, CA

#beach haiku:
April Shmapril May
Grey June gloom August foggest!
Miss my summer beach.

Spoutible is #ThePeoplesPlatform
07:33 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Linda
A
The beach called me like a siren calls her prey, with her promises of warming sunshine, cooling waters and laughter with friends.

What we forgot was how the sun burns and that the water tastes of salt and that by the end the day the friends laughter dies into the whines of the tired and burnt.
03:58 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Linda.
:) too much of a good thing. Great story.
07:48 PM - Aug 17, 2023
K Ray
A
Our FL family loved roads trips! One stop on our New England trip was Nantucket. Woke about dawn to overcast skies, took a hike along the #beach , heard a distant/constant fog-horn alerting boats along the coast, and met a fisherman in a rain slicker with a bucket of eels for bait. #Spoutories
02:11 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Higgins_tj
A
There's a beach in southern Peru called Mejía. The society crowd all leave the beach daily by 4pm to be proper, and ready for the evening club events. My wife and I stayed and watched the sun go down with the "off the clock" street vendors who take over the beach after 4pm. Much nicer than the club
12:37 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Carole
A
He'd never go the beach again. Where they had met, where they had spent hours simply sitting, letting the sound of the waves overwash them. How many days, years does it add up to, all that time? A lifetime. No, he'd never go back.

Was that her voice? No, just the waves.

#Spoutories
#beach
12:25 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
Perched atop his sand castle on the #beach , the Crab King reigned over the other sea creatures with regal authority. Here, he orchestrated the underwater realm. Or so he thought. For under the scorching summer sun, minds can waver, even those of would-be crustacean rulers 🦀. #Spoutories
11:13 AM - Aug 17, 2023 (Edited)
Audrey W
A
#Spoutories
#beach
I had an unexpected first date with Tim in 1976. I had a crush on him. No money so we walked on Montara Beach in the moonlight. We've been married 45 years and have lived for 38 years in . . . Montara Beach.
11:08 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Carol Munro
A
#Spoutories

The #beach was where it had always been. Looking out over the Pacific Ocean, all golden and inviting. The tiny waves lapped gently on to its shore while puffins circled overhead, landing on a giant rock. A herd of elk wandered along the damp sand oblivious to their outsized presence.
11:08 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Trish
A
In response to Carol Munro.
This makes me homesick. I miss the elk roaming the beach. 🥲❤️
06:38 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
#Spoutories
As they pretended to feel the warmth of the sun on their little vinyl bodies, Pippa pointed out the white things topping the waves crashing on the #beach .
For just a few minutes they could pretend to be a real girl and a real boy.
"Isn’t imagination wonderful?" she asked her friend.
11:15 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Kerry McCarty
A
I haven’t worked out the details yet but it’s called Death in Venice
11:03 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
#Spoutories #beach
My husband and I fell in love with Palm Beach in Aruba back in 1987 where we bought a timeshare. Over the years we have seen friends come and go and have watched their children, and now grandchildren grow up. Its really our home away from home for two weeks each year.
10:56 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Curly Girly
A
One year, my husband insisted that we go to his favourite #beach for his birthday. When we got to a secluded spot, he confessed that he wanted to go where he could remember his late mom. He's not a crier, but he sobbed so deeply and openly for his late mom just so he can breathe again #Spouteries
10:53 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
#Spoutories #beach

The beach is my home, an island in the North Sea. I always wondered if those tiny little sand crystals on “my” island represent all humans every lived. And if so, how tiny we are compared to everything else. It makes sense.
10:53 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
#Spoutories #beach

Day fades to night at the beach. The crowds have left. The seagulls fly, diminishing specks in the deepening sky. You and the sound of the surging tide remain. The stars reflected on the sea, sprinkled magic over the water to give light to the fishes below.
10:30 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Beautiful! Thank you!
10:34 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Frank Schumacher
A
#Spoutories #beach
My wife introduced me to the paradise of beach life. We enjoyed Sanibel beaches for years & on our 39th anniversary I left her ashes off one of those beautiful beaches. I'm going to visit her on my birthday this year.
09:31 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Frank Schumacher.
❤️
10:17 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Janet aka April
A
In response to Frank Schumacher.
Lovely.
10:20 AM - Aug 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}