Scarab Rose
A
THIS is what is being taught in Florida public schools. Read ⬇️. Gifted article.
04:59 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
That's what most Floridians want... And before the "I didn't vote for Desantis" people show up, Deathsantis beat Charlie Criss by a landslide. A second opportunity to get rid of him.

So most Floridians want this shit.
07:20 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Wayne Spencer
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Lived in Florida for 20 years (recent escapee), and you just hit the nail on the head.

Even seemingly reasonable folks like this guy, or are indifferent about him because his antics don't affect them.

It's mostly minorities, and other marginalized people who are alarmed, in my experience
01:38 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Wayne Spencer.
Other than Black people, who do you define as minorities?
01:55 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Wayne Spencer
A
I my experience, his most vocal opposition has been in the LGBTQ community
02:11 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I agree, the LGBTQ+ community are a direct target in the current USA agenda.

However you mentioned minorities and LGBTQ+

That's why I was curious aboutthe outspoken "minorities"?
02:18 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Wayne Spencer
A
Ah. Gotcha.
In terms of racial minorities, mostly black people. I'm black myself, and so is most of my family in Florida.

Though, I do know one Filipino, and one Latin person there who are similarly alarmed though, they each have significant others who are in the line of fire
07:59 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I haven't seen a real voice of solidarity outrage from the Asian, South Asian, South/Central American communities about what is happening with Black and LGBTQ issues around the country.

From what I see, those communities are complacently silent or a few, openly engaged in the suppression.
09:04 PM - Aug 17, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}